Monday, September 4, 2017

A Short Update



As summer is winding down, I'm getting more and more apprehensive about how little I feel I have accomplished during our short, snow-free months.  It's not been an easy year here for me, although things are still always getting better overall.

This past month since I last wrote, I suffered through a(nother) sinus infection that unfortunately coincided with my brother and sister-in-law visiting us.  I was in pretty rough shape for most of their time here and wasn't able to participate in many activities.  I sure hope they are willing to give us another try!


One nice feature of their visit was that we all left the homestead and travelled to Killbear Provincial Park together.  By this time I had visited my nurse practitioner clinic and received a prescription for nasal steroids, as well as antibiotics for the strep.  I did feel a bit vindicated when the NP looked down my throat and exclaimed "Oh my God!  That's crazy!"  She reassured me (again) that I wasn't a hypochondriac.
He's a ZipLine natural!
A budding Dr. Doolittle?
God bless modern medicine.  Within a day the antibiotics had me feeling much more relaxed about our trip.  I could eat again!

After a few days with our whole family in Killbear, we proceeded down to Waterloo to spend another week with my parents and catching up with friends and family.  It was nice that my Aunt and Uncle from Australia were able to drop in while they were visiting Canada.  It's becoming a very rare treat to meet up with my father's side of the family.

For the second summer in a row, we replaced wheel bearings in our Echo while in Waterloo before returning home.

One notable milestone was that shortly after returning, I actually had to trot out the generator and run it for the first time in a few months because the batteries were low and sun wasn't in the forecast.  This, and whenever we put on our first fire, are the real landmarks on our calendar.

I know I have more blog posts already in my brain, wriggling to get out, so I'll try to work on them later.  For now, I do have real world chores to work at.

No comments:

Post a Comment