Notice my use of the word gradually.
After only a week or two in service, the new hose turned quickly and dramatically cloudy. It wasn't due to the iron in the water this time I don't believe. Perhaps me bleaching the well had done it? I'm not sure if chlorine will degrade nylon hose or not, I guess that's a question for Google.
In any case, it went cloudy, and so for the summer Donna has been resorting to shining a flashlight at the hose any time she wishes to determine whether or not she has enough water for her purposes.
|Not my usual technique.|
Today I think I came up with a possible solution.
I ordered from my distributor a short (approximately metre long) LED string of lights that plugs into a USB port. I also ordered an extension cord/power bar that has some USB ports built in. The final component arrived today and I combined them and plugged them in.
Imagine my excitement when they lit up like Christmas lights. Flashing blue, green, red in ever more dramatic patterns. This was not on.
Kenny and I fumbled with the buttons, eventually deciding that solid blue/green would probably be the least disruptive combination.
I set up the ladder, and mounted the lights in behind the sight hose.
|This is more like it! A high tech solution to a simple problem!|
|With great pride. Thanks to Kenny for taking all the photos in this post!|