I carefully read over the instructions, ensuring that while we were building our framework to our own specs, it would still fit the original directions. We used our level and protractor to ensure everything was per the original, and had gotten up two out of the three main rafters by lunch.
While we were plugging away at this, Donna took the time to unwrap and lay out all the canvas. This proved invaluable, and, in hindsight, I would tell everyone to do the same. As we broke for lunch, I found it hard to reconcile the angles I saw on the canvas on the ground with the structure we had constructed. I suggested that the first thing we do when we return should be to compare the canvas to the structure before we went any further.
Tonight, after supper and dishes, Donna and I headed down to the drive to see if we could also get a bit done there. The latest load of gravel wasn't really dumped any further along than the first load, as the truck's rear wheels had begun to sink on my new gravel. Using shovels and sisu, we managed to dig a trail around the pile wide enough for the tractor to power through, and then it was just a matter of picking up loads of gravel and depositing them around the drive we had already done. We essentially were trying to double the thickness of gravel on the drive, if possible. We managed to pick away at around half the pile before it got to be bedtime for Kenny (who was back at Mummu's house), so we knocked off for the day. I'm hopeful that we can get something done tomorrow.